A run is a workflow that executes different tasks.
A Task is a group of steps.
Every tasks is executed in the same container and is composed of multiple steps that are executed sequentially. If a step fails the whole task is marked as failed.
Every task can have dependencies from other tasks and tasks can be grouped (coming soon) toghether.
A step does a specific operation. There are multiple kind of tasks:
- clone: clones the git repository and checkouts the right commit
- run: executes a shell script
- save_to_workspace: saves some contents in the workspace
- restore_workspace: restores the workspace
- save_cache: saves some contents in the cache
- restore_cache: restores the cache